Friday, April 2, 2010

Enable Internet Access for Java Applications in Nokia 2730

So far Nokia 2730 is a great phone for the money I paid. As usual when I bought this phone I want to access internet and use applications.

Fortunately Nokia 2730 is coming packed with Opera Mini. So the browsing experience is real awesome. I’ll write more about Opera Mini in another post. But when I tried to access the internet via the Java applications I was told that No internet or Java Applications are not given internet access. After 2 days of hunting in the internet I came across the way to solve this issue.

This article is wrote for Dialog GSM users those who are on Nokia 2730.

  1. Go into Settings.
  2. Go into Configuration.
  3. Go into Personal Configuration Settings.
  4. Now, press Add New (visible if you don’t have a previous Personal Setting created) or press the Optionsbutton. When you have pressed the Options button, choose Add new.
  5. When you have pressed Add New, you will get a new menu, which will give several options to choose from.
  6. Now, scroll down and choose the Access Point and press Select.
  7. Now go into Access Point Settings.
  8. Go into Bearer Settings.
  9. Go into Packet Data Access Point.
  10. Now, enter you APN address corresponding to your provider (Prepaid customer : ppwap
  11. Postpaid customer : www.dialogsl.com). Then press OK.
  12. Go back to the Personal Configurations Settings menu, where you now should be able to see an Access Point selected.
  13. Now press the Options button, and then choose to activate this Access Point.

Users on other providers check with your customer care for APN settings. Now you should be able to use ebuddy, Google Maps and every internet application on your Nokia 2730.

Stay tuned more tips and tutorials on the way.

14 comments:

  1. Hi.
    I installed Gmail v2.0.6 on my Nokia 2730 it didn't worked. It always says "The program requires a working network connection". Though I use Google Maps without problem, everything works.
    Do u know how to solve this issue?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i try to open nokia ovi store. it doesn't open.it says to change the wap configuration to access. also i have a problem on using bolt software saying"internet not available check network services" but i have an active network service,so that i can use opera mini browser.can u play a video for this problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. it worked man.i use d nokia x3.thnx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi friends.... bored of working with opera mini??? wanna "goto address" option????? then follow the steps...
    1.go to "music player".
    2.press "options" button.
    3.press "Downloads" in that.
    4.here you can get the goto address option..
    5.erase the "rstp" and type "http" followed by your web address.

    it's 100% working...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi guys,
    I installed Nimbuzz in my nokia 2730. it installed, but i couldn't connect it to the internet. It said "Network Failure".Same thing happened to the Opera mini too.when i go to application folder i could see "KEY" sign on both the above application icons...please help me with this...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey guy's
    i had done that all but i can't use ebuddy ...
    can anybody tell me how to access internet in application on my nokia 2730 classic .....plz..help me friend's...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. iam using google maps in my nokia 2730. my location does not work in google maps . i dont know why ?.it is supposed to work in mobiles without gps too .

    ReplyDelete
  9. how to do it with nokia c1 01 ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no packet data access point to enter APN address

    ReplyDelete
  11. My packet data settings has only two options: IPv4 and IPv6
    what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man ur tips works on my 2730c thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An Error comes in airtel paket data not available?
    i use 2730 classic

    ReplyDelete
  14. yaaaa....it worked...thanks a lot my friend...

    ReplyDelete